The Paw Print, Fremont’s online and print newspaper, is looking for staff members for next year.
- Press pass privileges- You can get in free to every school event.
- Food- Pizza will be ordered at least every publication day and other food reserved for the staff will be regularly kept at the back of the classroom.
- Job/ scholarship application- Being on staff will look good on your application for jobs and scholarships. Staff members who go beyond have the opportunity to become editors and letter in journalism.
- Easy and flexible- There is a smaller workload that generally involves covering the things you enjoy.
- Family atmosphere- The staff is very close and the adviser is awesome. Last year, staff activities included going canoeing and paddle boarding at Causey Reservoir and having a banquet at the end of the year.
- Changing lives/ influencing people- You have the opportunity to impact many students, teachers, and parents at Fremont.
On the Paw Print staff, we are looking for fun, outgoing, and motivated individuals who like to be involved. The top qualification for being on staff is being able to hit deadlines. The following positions are available to apply for:
WRITERS (FOR SENIOR ENGLISH CREDIT): Writers report on school events, write opinion pieces and reviews, and help show a glimpse into student life at Fremont High School. Articles are short, with a maximum word count of 350 words (unless an editor approves longer). Before being accepted to staff as a writer, you must take at least one quarter of Journalism 1. It covers the basics of journalism and allows you the opportunity to prove you can hit deadlines.
PHOTOGRAPHERS/ ILLUSTRATORS: Photographers take pictures of school events and other activities to run with articles. Also, photographers produce photojournalism pieces, or a collection of pictures they pick that they feel are worth publishing. Illustrators help with designing posters and other things that are needed, as well as draw pictures to go along with articles or fill space in the paper.
DESIGN/TECH SPECIALISTS: Design and tech specialists help with laying out the paper edition of the Paw Print and fixing technical problems with pictures or on the school website, packnews.wsd.net. They also design ads, infographics, and other special features that enhance the paper.
STAFF AIDS: Aids run errands, check information, assist in organizing cabinets and papers, and helping in any other way that is needed.
HOW TO APPLY
How to apply:
- Sign up for Journalism 1 (especially writers) for at least one quarter.
- Fill out and turn in a staff application. You can:
- Pick up an application in Ms. Morey’s classroom, B-225.
- You can e-mail Ms. Morey (email@example.com) about getting an application, and either print it off or e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org or FHSPawPrint94@gmail.com.
- Talk to an editor.
- For junior high students: pick up an application from your counselor.
Conflicting classes- If you cannot take the class during the assigned period, but still want to enjoy all of the benefits, you must talk to Ms. Morey about becoming a freelance journalist.
Application concerns- When submitting your application, let Ms. Morey know of any reasonable conditions that may make your application appear less favorable. Again, the top qualification for being on staff is showing you can hit deadlines.
If you have any more questions, you can:
- E-mail (email@example.com) or call (801-452-4869) the Paw Print advisor, Ms. Morey.
- E-mail FHSPawPrint94@gmail.com.
- Contact an editor (see “Staff” under “About” tab)
- Leave a comment on this article with a way to contact you (it will not be made public).